A tutorial on how to make a pretty pom pom accessory.
What you need; a very light fabric, scissors, glue, a brooch safety back, a peace of felt and a metal wire.
1. Cut out 10-15 square shaped pieces of fabric and pile them up.
2. fold them like this and fasten them with the metal wire.
3. Cut little wave shapes in the outer edges of the fabric.
4. Separate each layer of fabric one at a time creating a nice little pom pom.
5. I find that the safety back sticks much better if you glue it on a piece of felt.
Now you can make different sizes and colours and you can sew them them together if you’d like…
The fabric I have used was a bit heavy, but I like to mix up lots of different patterns and fabrics. They don’t have to be perfect -sometimes it’s even better when they’re not.
You can use the brooch in a million ways, on a jacket, in your hair, on a summer hat or you can put it on a ribbon and around your arm/waist or neck…
If you have any questions feel free to ask!